School Improvement Council
Each school in South Carolina has a School Improvement Council made up of teachers, parents, administration and community members that strive to make each school a better learning place for students.
South Carolina School Improvement Councils:
- Work with the school administration to develop and implement the Five-Year School Improvement Plan (sometimes called the School Renewal Plan).
- Monitor and evaluate success in reaching the Plan's goals and objectives.
- Write the Annual Report to the Parents about the progress of the plan.
- Assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- Advise on the use of school incentive awards.
- Provide other assistance as requested by the principal.
For more information about Nexton Elementary's School Improvement Council, click the link below.
Our SIC Board
Matthew Reeve--Vice President
Our SIC teacher members this year will be Mrs. Jen Rogers and Mrs. Nichole Elliott.