Westview Primary feels that forming a partnership and communicating with parents is pertinent to our mission of educating our students and fostering opportunities for each student to build a legacy of success!
Two-Way Communication Methods
Parent/ teacher conferences continue to be effective. Parents are encouraged to set up conferences. Teachers at WVP value the one to one contact with parents, students.
Teacher email addresses can be found under Faculty & Staff on the navigation buttons on our website. Teachers check their email daily (usually before school, during their planning period, and after school.)
The WVP phone number is 843-820-4082. You can leave a message for a teacher to contact you when he/she can. If it is a time-sensitive matter, you need to leave a message with the office staff. Teachers cannot accept phone calls during instruction. They can call after school or during planning periods. It is VITAL that the school has a current phone number or method of reaching you for emergencies.
These folders should come home weekly. They will contain any work your child has done in the last week and notes/ flyers from the teacher or school. There is a place for teachers and parents to make comments each week.
Other Methods of Communication
- The Pelican Brief: A school newsletter comes home monthly to keep parents informed on school happenings, student achievement, and reminders of important dates.
- Newsletters: Classroom teachers write newsletters periodically to keep you informed about upcoming field trips, topics of study, and scheduled assessments.
- Alert Now: Dr. Carter sends Alert Now phone calls to Faculty, Staff, and Parents to inform every one of upcoming important events or schedule changes. The phone calls are sent to the home phone number supplied by parents when they register their students.
- WVP School Marquee: Our marquee alerts parents to upcoming events or holidays. It is located at the front of school near the main entrance.
- School Report Card: Our school report card is written yearly to show test scores and inform parents and community of the progress WVP is making. The most recent School Report Card on the main page of our website.
- Report to the Public: Each year Dr. Carter and our School Improvement Council write a report about WVP for inclusion on the School Report Card. The most recent report can be found on our main page.
- Annual School Summary Report: The WVP administration compiles this report in a brochure for parents and community. Copies are kept in the office for new parents and anyone who wishes to know more about our school.